Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What I've Learned - Guided Journaling

What have you learned about yourself since becoming a parent that you might not have known about otherwise?

One thing I've learned since becoming a parent that I would not have known otherwise is how strongly I feel against using spanking as a form of discipline.
Before having children I used to immediately think that for kids who seemed out of control, having a tantrum, or otherwise doing something wrong, that their parents should spank them.
Now that I have children I am completely against it.
I feel it important for my family to send consistent messages about non-violence. I also believe it important to know the difference in a child purposely being bad, or something like inability to express emotions due to lack of vocabulary or lack of self-control due to their age and development. I truly believe that my use of talking things through with my children will have a positive effect on them in the future.

No comments: