Saturday, August 11, 2012

For me

The things I chose off my list of 5 things for me this week was to take myself and the kids out for dinner. I needed one less day of cooking and cleaning. So much going on this week - a crisis at work, an email from my stepdad about how he feels I don't include his new girlfriend and his side of the family enough in my life, J calling me to tell me he had emergency surgery on an intestinal problem. Too much.

So, I got a certificate from restaurant.com and took the kids out to eat. They, of course, got pizza and I got my usual at this restaurant, and something I never make for myself, eggplant parm. I love the cheesy, saucy goodness of it and it is far to time consuming to make for just me - the kids won't touch it. I enjoyed a delicious glass of wine with my dinner, and made a stop at the store on the way home to pick up a bottle of said wine, to enjoy more at home.

Inexpensive, good dinner with no cleanup. Now that is something good for me.

No comments: