Thursday, August 2, 2012

A day to myself - Guided Journaling Day 3

Imagine you had a whole day to yourself. Where would you go and what would you do?

OMG, I have not had a whole day to myself since before the kids were born.
Well, first I would sit and enjoy an entire cup of coffee, hot, without having to reheat it in the microwave 3 or 4 times. I would do this while watching food network or the Today show. On this day, Nick Jr. does not exist. Then, I would take a loooonnnnng shower, and enjoy the sound of only the water, not someone incessantly knocking at the door asking me how much longer I am going to be and where the darn wolverine guy is.
I would get dressed without having to answer questions about why my private parts look different and why girls need privacy.

I might then go window shopping, or to the beach, or park, to relax on a blanket with my kindle and a cold beverage. I might even take a  nap.

I would enjoy a dinner either out or at home, one that did not include any fast food, or nugget of any sort, with glass of wine to go along with it.

Then I would sit on the sofa and watch reruns of Beverly Hills 90210 until I fell asleep.

And, of course, I would pick up my children the next morning, refreshed and happy to see them, because all the while I would miss them terribly.


No comments: