Sunday, August 12, 2012

Friends with Kids review




After the kids went to bed last night I decided to watch a movie. A movie not animated, not for kids. A movie all for myself. OMG. So I chose Friends with Kids. It looked comical, and I felt like i could relate a bit because, well, I have kids, so I thought it would be fun to watch a story about people who don't have them and what they think of people who do.

The movie kept my interest, it had some funny parts to it, like the explosive poop diapers, and the awkward moments when Ben and Missy returned to the dinner table after having sex in the bathroom. There were also moments I could relate to like seeing how difficult it is to maintain a relationship when you have small children, and also wanting, but not necessarily knowing how to, reenter the dating world after a time away. I had to laugh though, when Jules and Jason were talking about how long it had been since they had been intimate with someone, and they said that it had been 3 months. Let me just say, they've got nothing on me.
I was glad to see how the movie ended for both of them too.

While not the most in depth story line, Friends with Kids entertained a tired worn out mom who needed a light-hearted, comical movie.


No comments: