Thursday, August 30, 2012

What I'm Thankful for - Guided Journaling

Take some time to list all the things you're thankful for in your life

I remember reading a quote one time, I don't remember where, but it stuck in my mind. "What would you do if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for tonight?"
Every night, as i lay on the floor of the boys' room, because (and please do not judge me) I still stay in their room until they fall asleep, I quietly thank God for everything I'm thankful for that day. It typically is something like this:

my healthy children
my good health
my families' good health
my job and the fact that I have enough money to buy food so my children do not go to bed hungry at night
a supportive family who loves us
my friends
a daycare provider who cares deeply about my children
a warm house and comfortable beds
a car that gets us safely where we need to be
that my children and I were not in the throes of my husbands issues for this day
that I have the wisdom, patience, energy, etc to be a single parent



No comments: