Trying to update more frequently and I have a million thoughts running through my head - though each one on it's own is not really a whole post. So, here's what's going on at our house lately...
* The bugs have tried all of their vegetables now. Favorites - sweet potatoes. Least favorite - carrots. We've tried banana by mixing it with the cereal (that's the ONLY way Alex will eat it) but no other fruits yet. I decided maybe I'd try meat before fruit, since I'd read that it might help them to take to the meat better if they ate it before tasting any fruits. We tried chicken last night. Ugh, just an FYI here, baby food chicken looks (and smells) like pet food. I gave it to them. They were expecting their veggies and, boy, I wish I could find that stupid camera because the faces were priceless! They are not too keen on chicken quite yet.
* Landon has decided that he does not want to go to sleep at night unless you are either standing over his crib holding his hand, or you rock him to sleep. We may be in for some troubles here. Naps are fine but something about nighttime and he changes. I'm wondering...can a 5 month old be afraid of the dark?
* We are on our bellies more than on our backs now. Mommy and Daddy turn away for one split second and, boom, right onto the belly!
* We are getting a tooth!! Alex is getting his bottom teeth. We can see and feel them starting to pop through, and yesterday there was some gum bleeding. He's been really sleepy, but not napping well, cranky (though he tries so hard not to be) and gnawing on EVERYTHING. Hopefully they'll pop through quick. Poor little guy.
* J and I need a date badly! Things are very stressful in our house for a number of reasons.
* Haven't tried another crock pot meal since my last post. Well, I did make Chili on Saturday but everyone has a chili Crockpot recipes, I'm sure, so I didn't post about it. I also made wings for the big game in the Crockpot - terrible. It was more like wing soup. J was able to salvage them though in the oven. And I'm planning on making another recipe tomorrow or Friday.
* My Dad and my Grandma are planning on coming over for the day on Saturday (they live a few hours away so we don't see them that often) It will be nice to see them, and they are going to be amazed at how much the bugs have grown since we saw them at Christmas-time.
* My RA is acting up, badly. I was diagnosed as a kid, and for most of my life it has stayed in remission. Since the bugs came, it has flared up worse than it's ever been. Pregnancy does that to auto-immune disorders. Most mornings I can't even walk. My appointment with the specialist is not until mid-February. There was a three month wait. I am really hoping they can do something to help get it back under control. I'm afraid that I won't be able to chase after my boys once they start crawling and walking and running if it stays as bad as it is now.
I think that's about it for now. 6-month appointment will be coming up soon. Wow - how times flies.