Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cooking with the Crock

We tried another dinner using the handy Crock pot and J and I both really liked this one. It was easy, tasted great, and we had plenty of leftovers to eat for breakfast for a few days afterwards. Of course, you can always scale down the recipe if you have a smaller pot or don't like leftovers.
Cooking with the Crock allowed us to get both baths done and still have time for story time without pushing bedtime back too far. No cranky boys and dinner waiting for J and I after putting the bugs to bed. Plus it made the house smell good all day. If you try it let me know what you think...

Western Omelet Casserole

1 32 oz package frozen hash browns
1lb cubed ham
1 medium diced onion
2c shredded cheddar cheese
1 dozen eggs
1c milk
salt/pepper

put first four ingredients in Crock layering them in two0three layers. Beat eggs and milk - pour over the layered mixture. Cook on low 8-9 hours

We served it with bacon, toast, and fruit.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ooh - that sounds so good! I love my crockpot, but I've never made eggs in it. I'm definitely trying that. I'm new to your blog, but will read more tonight...