Friday, January 23, 2009

4 Months (Plus some)

The bugs had their 4 month pediatrician appointment last week, although they are now closer to 5 months than 4. But because of J not feeling well one day and my lack of confidence in myself that I can actually leave the house carrying two babies in infant car seats and a snowstorm on another day we had to change their appointment a few times.
Alex is now 16 pounds and 25 inches. Landon is 15 pounds and 24 inches. Not small people is what the Doc said.
We've started solid foods. Rice cereal. The stuff looks like wallpaper paste. Each spoonful I feed them I tell them how delicious and yummy it is. Mmmm, good. Unfortunately, they have already caught on to how terrible a liar their Mom is. Landon eats it - and smiles each time I tell him how good it is. Like he's saying, "Yeah right...but what's the alternative here." Alex...forget it. He makes an awful face and spits it out each time. I struggled with this for a few weeks before I decided that he doesn't need rice cereal. He gets his iron from the formula. So, we made the switch to sweet potatoes. And they can. not.get.enough!
I swear if they keep eating this way J and I will both need second jobs just to feed them when they are teenagers.

They did great with their shots this time too. Only cried for about 2 minutes and that was the end of it. No irritability, no fussing, no extra sleepiness.

We're outgrowing the 3-6 month size clothes too. We'll be packing those up this weekend and shopping for 6-9 months ones now. Growing like weeds.

1 comment:

RBandRC said...

Glad to hear they are doing so well! We will be moving to veggies next week with Lemy and I can't wait to see her face! :)