Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Verdict - Cheesy Potato Soup

I made the potato soup yesterday. I have a weird obsession with this stuff lately. I had lunch at Panera the other day and got it for lunch. This stuff was fabulous! So, I decided to make my own. The recipe was super simple and I made it in the crockpot which made it even easier. I was bummed that I didn't get to the store as I would have liked some fresh chives in it but I will add those next time. I did nearly burn my house down making the bacon - the boys and I were playing some Mickey Mouse game on the computer (Landon's love for computer games is already beginning to worry me) and forgot that it was cooking until I heard some strange crackling and went into the kitchen to find the smoke beginning to get out of control. Made it just in time to turn on the fan and NOT set off the smoke alarm. Good thing I changed those batteries with the daylight savings time change.
The soup turned out great. Anything with cheese and bacon in it is great in my book.
The boys wouldn't touch it - they don't like soup (they've never even tried soup) but assured me that when they get bigger they will like soup.
Who cares....they ate grilled cheese sandwiches. I got delicious, cheesy, soup. Everyone was happy.

No comments: