Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fun on the Farm


The kids and I went to a fun event this weekend called "Fun on the Farm." Every year a different local farmer hosts it and they have a tour of the farm, local farmer vendors, food samples, and education and awareness of farming. I figured since the boys love animals it would be a fun thing to do together.

We got to sample local apples, strawberry milk, and apple chips. And some cheese, which before I realized it, I gave Alex a sample of roasted garlic cheddar. I was fully expecting him to spit it everywhere but to my surprise he told me it was, and I quote, Yummmmy!

The kids played some fun farm games, like bowling with cabbage, and ring toss over milk jugs, and we won some bags of sauerkraut, and string cheese.

We saw some cows being milked and got to pet a baby calf.

We did not take a hay ride because Landon informed me that tractors drive too fast.

And, when we were leaving Alex told me that while we were in the milking barn he was sure one of the cows was going to start chasing him. What an imagination!

On the way back to the car we stopped at some HUGE tractors which they loved - anything trucks, cars, or machinery is amazing. Definate male mentality.

It really was fun on the farm. And we got to get out of the house, learn some new things together, and enjoy a beautiful fall day.















No comments: