Thursday, December 11, 2008

Getting to Know Yule

Getting to know all about yule...

Thanks to Tracy! This did seem like fun so here goes…


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly wrapping paper. Gift bags only in a pinch or if the present is an unusual shape.


2. Real tree or Artificial? Absolutely real! I have always had a real tree and always will. Alex and Landon don’t really know what it is this year. They do love the lights though. I can’t wait until they’re old enough to trek through the woods, help cut the tree down, and drag it out. Fun!!

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually two weeks before Christmas


4. When do you take the tree down? January 7th – Right after the Feast of the Epiphany.


5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but only non-alcoholic. I lost my taste for alcoholic drinks made with milk/cream products after some bad experiences in college.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My dollhouse


7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad

8. Easiest person(s) to buy for? Alex and Landon.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, and I put it up every year. It was a gift from my Mom. I remember playing with our growing up so it always had some special meaning to me.


10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither anymore…who has time?


11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A sweater from a boyfriend with a giraffe on it. And, no I am NOT kidding.


12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It’s a Wonderful Life, of course.


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Let’s just say I’m doing it all this weekend. ARRRHHH!


14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Absolutely. And I have a stash in my attic of gifts that are ready to be recycled at a moment’s notice.


15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Everything.


16. Lights on the tree? Multi-colored.


17. Favorite Christmas song? “I want a hippopotamus for Christmas.”


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Right now we travel but only for this year and next. Once the boys understand about Santa we’ll stay home for Christmas morning and travel that afternoon. We’re within a few hours of family so could still make it there for dinner.


19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both.


22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Crowded stores.


23. Favorite ornament theme or color? No one theme or color. Each ornament I have is unique. No two alike.


24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham


25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I’d love a Wii.


Okay, consider the snowball thrown your way! Do your own post and let me know via a comment so I (and others) can go learn more about "Yule" and your holiday celebrations!

No comments: